– Heard the new Madonna clip today, and I am liking what I hear. I can actually see this record getting some Top 40 play in the US in a climate where GaGa and Guetta are getting airplay. Speaking of the Lady, is it blasphemous to say that I hear shades of her (or maybe RedOne) in “Celebrate”?
– While we are talking about pop tarts, is Girls Aloud actually broken up? I thought from all the blog reports that they were, but they say otherwise. I love that Cheryl is working with will.i.am. Can anyone say “Fergalicious”?
– Those of you who are Blake Lewis fans should head on over to myxer.com to check out the ringtone for “Sad Song” that is available. The chorus sounds REALLY promising, and hints at the more dance-leaning stuff from the first record. I am officially psyched for the rest of his material now. He has also officially posted his album title as Heartbreak on Vinyl (I’d like to say you heard it here first, but I have no proof) on his official webpage.
– Tracks I currently love: “Remedy” from Little Boots, “Beat Again” by JLS, The Gossip’s “Pop Goes the World”, and “Meet Me Halfway” from the Black Eyed Peas. I may be digging the leaked sophomore CD from an American Idol winner, but maybe I’m not.
– Yet another attempt by Yuri and myself to find relevance has been posted this week. Read at your own peril.