– Folks are buzzing about this week’s episode of Saturday Night Live, but it wasn’t necessarily a good buzz for the Killers. While the song “Human” is terrific as is, it just didn’t translate well to the small screen in a live setting. Brandon was all over the place energy-wise, and I really felt he had a weird David Byrne quality going on. “Spaceman”…now that was some weird ish.
– Oh, look! Kid Rock’s decided to go digital after all! He’s just signed a four-month exclusive with Rhapsody. That’s kind of like signing a vow of celibacy, and then becoming a Catholic priest. No one’s really taking you THAT seriously!
– Coldplay is releasing an EP on November 18th that features a re-recorded version of “Lost” with guest rap provided by Jay-Z. Six of the eight tracks are brand-new, with a remix of “Lovers In Japan” rounding out the set.
– T.I. now has two of the top 3 songs at iTunes, with his Rihanna duet “Live Your Life” at #1, and “Whatever You Like” at #3, along with three other songs in the Top 100. Sandwiched in between the top ones is P!nk, whose hit “So What’ has to be the number one song in the world at the moment. Right?
– New releases are a bit light this week, with Oasis, Jon McLaughlin, Sarah McLachlan (coincidence?), Michelle Williams, Bob Dylan, and Tim McGraw’s “Greatest Hits, Vol 12”. More single activity this week, with Fall Out Boy, Kenny Chesney, Akon, and the HIGHLY overrated “Womanizer” from Britney Spears.