– First off, if you haven’t already done so, head on over Olga Loves Yuri to check out the chat I had with my blogger brother this week regarding the passing of Michael Jackson. I think it came out pretty well, and if all goes as planned, we will do some type of dialogue like this every week. There is so much going on in the pop music world, but sometimes it just doesn’t call for a full post. And it’s a good excuse for me to give Yuri hell. Simple pleasures…
– At Yuri’s prompting, I have become a fan of Popdose, which really does a great job of capturing pop culture at its finest. Their tributes to Michael Jackson have been outstanding, but I have been caught up in the posted series by Tom Werman, who signed and produced groups like Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent, and Molly Hatchet. Me being a music industry junkie like I am, it is difficult to walk away from the computer when there’s another entry of his waiting to be read. Also, it’s a great antidote to read about a decent A&R guy after having read Kill Your Friends while I was in London.
– Review of the David Cook show coming later today or first thing tomorrow morning. I got some great pics and video, along with ringing ears. You would think by now I would remember that this happens, but I’m so giddy when I get to a show that I don’t even think about it.
– Not sure what posts will look like this week with the holiday coming up. I’ve got a four-day weekend ahead, and between school work and threats of being kidnapped (details later), posting may be a bit light. In the meantime, I have homework to do! (I sound 12 saying that…need to work on the delivery.)
– Let me leave you with a bit of Shayne Ward goodness. Not sure how I missed this, but after having been obsessed with the Cadbury eyebrows commercial, this just cracks me up. Happy Sunday!